Removing titlebar of a window (but keeping borders) - KDE

This is a discussion on Removing titlebar of a window (but keeping borders) - KDE ; Hi, I'd like to remove the title bar (with the title, iconify, close, etc. buttons) of a window, while still retaining the border. The window should therefore have it's upper part look like the three other parts, that is, with ...

  1. Removing titlebar of a window (but keeping borders)

    Hi,

    I'd like to remove the title bar (with the title, iconify, close, etc.
    buttons) of a window, while still retaining the border. The window should
    therefore have it's upper part look like the three other parts, that is,
    with a frame, a border, just, without the title bar.

    I couldn't figure out how to do this, neither with 'window behaviour'
    or 'window-specific settings' in kcontrol, nor with kstart (I can remove
    the title-bar but also the borders in this way, never only the title bar).

    Best,

    F.

  2. Re: Removing titlebar of a window (but keeping borders)

    yssual wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to remove the title bar (with the title, iconify, close, etc.
    > buttons) of a window, while still retaining the border. The window should
    > therefore have it's upper part look like the three other parts, that is,
    > with a frame, a border, just, without the title bar.
    >
    > I couldn't figure out how to do this, neither with 'window behaviour'
    > or 'window-specific settings' in kcontrol, nor with kstart (I can remove
    > the title-bar but also the borders in this way, never only the title bar).

    I don't think any of the default windows decorations do support this, you
    could always make your own window decoration or change kwin to ctwm.

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread