Keeping knode in sync in different locations - KDE

This is a discussion on Keeping knode in sync in different locations - KDE ; Suppose I use knode in different locations, using different servers. Is there any simple way of keeping the settings in sync, so that the articles one has read under one server are seen as read under the other? -- Timothy ...

  1. Keeping knode in sync in different locations

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  2. Re: Keeping knode in sync in different locations

    What's the matter with you?

    See:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2008&safe=off

    You have asked this question here over and over.

    In the last year, have you really been unable to figure it out?

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:38:29 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

    > Suppose I use knode in different locations, using different servers. Is
    > there any simple way of keeping the settings in sync, so that the
    > articles one has read under one server are seen as read under the other?

  3. Re: Keeping knode in sync in different locations

    Joe User wrote:

    > See:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2008&safe=off

    > You have asked this question here over and over.

    If you look a little more carefully,
    you will see that the question I asked before was different.

    > In the last year, have you really been unable to figure it out?

    I did solve the question I asked before,
    which was about the use of knode on different machines,
    by NFS-sharing ~/.kde/share/apps/knode between the machines.

    I tried various other suggested solutions,
    but none of them was as satisfactory.

    >> Suppose I use knode in different locations, using different servers. Is
    >> there any simple way of keeping the settings in sync, so that the
    >> articles one has read under one server are seen as read under the other?

    Look again.
    The question is different.
    It is about running knode on the same machine,
    but with different news servers.

    Have you faced this issue?

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  4. Re: Keeping knode in sync in different locations

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 02:37:33 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

    > It is about running knode on the same machine, but with different news
    > servers.
    >
    > Have you faced this issue?

    Every day.

    Install leafnode.

    It took you 14 months and a bunch of posts to configure a news server?

  5. Re: Keeping knode in sync in different locations

    Joe User wrote:

    >> It is about running knode on the same machine, but with different news
    >> servers.
    >>
    >> Have you faced this issue?

    > Every day.
    >
    > Install leafnode.
    >
    > It took you 14 months and a bunch of posts to configure a news server?

    Sigh.
    You are very unlikely to face the issue every day,
    unless you are an airline pilot.

    Just to repeat the question.
    Suppose you have the SAME newsgroup on different SERVERS.
    Is there any simple way of keeping them in sync, using KNODE?