Some may find this of some interest - KDE

This is a discussion on Some may find this of some interest - KDE ; This was cross-posted to the following Groups, by someone calling himself Tom Newton: comp.os.linux.setup, comp.os.linux.misc, alt.os.linux.slackware The follow up was set to: comp.os.linux.setup Readers may wish to skip straight to the penultimate paragraph to learn what Tom Newton thinks of ...

  1. Some may find this of some interest

    This was cross-posted to the following Groups, by someone calling
    himself Tom Newton: comp.os.linux.setup, comp.os.linux.misc,
    alt.os.linux.slackware

    The follow up was set to: comp.os.linux.setup

    Readers may wish to skip straight to the penultimate paragraph to learn
    what Tom Newton thinks of those who use KDE.

    > These days, there are two kinds of Linux runners. Thanks to the
    > corporate-sponsored yuppy geeks at KDE/Gnome/freedesktop.org and
    > the distros that support those Windows-clone user-interfaces,

    > There are the true Linux runners, who want to learn Linux and to
    > share their knowledge with others and/or write-maintain the free,
    > open-source software that makes Linux possible.

    > And there are the false Linux runners who simply want a
    > free operating system and free technical support, who
    > don't care about learning Linux and don't have any intention
    > of doing their fair share of the work needed to maintain
    > Linux. Or of donating to the developers and maintainers of
    > the software they use.

    > They just want to watch videos and listen to music and shop
    > and play video games and engage in mindless chatter with IM
    > and IRC and on web forums, etc.

    > The false Linux runners are destroying Linux, which is precisely
    > why the corporations have put 10's of millions of dollars into
    > KDE and the like.

    > They know the couch potatos won't take the time to learn Linux
    > from the command line (note that I am not talking about Linux
    > without X, which I use) and they won't learn to type because
    > they need one hand free for their beer, cigarettes, junkfood,
    > cellphone, or whatever else they are consuming while they click
    > and point with the other hand.

    > The corporations really want that other hand free to consume...

    > And they really _don't_ want people to learn how to run computers.

    > Once most of the people running Linux are ignorant couch potatos who
    > think that KDE (etc.) and Linux are the same thing, the game is over.

    The software will become non-free and non-open source.

    --
    Nemo

  2. Re: Some may find this of some interest

    Nemo wrote:
    > This was cross-posted to the following Groups, by someone calling
    > himself Tom Newton: comp.os.linux.setup, comp.os.linux.misc,
    > alt.os.linux.slackware
    >
    > The follow up was set to: comp.os.linux.setup
    >
    > Readers may wish to skip straight to the penultimate paragraph to learn
    > what Tom Newton thinks of those who use KDE.

    Please don't spread the troll articles here, it's enough he pollutes slackware
    newsgroup and others.

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread