"Advanced Background Settings" - KDE

This is a discussion on "Advanced Background Settings" - KDE ; In the "Configure Background Program" dialog what does "> %f" mean? Its used in the "Command:" and "Preview Command:" input boxes. Where can i find details on these parameters? I'm configuring xearth on mandriva 2008.0 64 bit mode lunux and ...

  1. "Advanced Background Settings"

    In the "Configure Background Program" dialog what does "> %f" mean?
    Its used in the "Command:" and "Preview Command:" input boxes.
    Where can i find details on these parameters?
    I'm configuring xearth on mandriva 2008.0 64 bit mode lunux and having trouble
    getting it to show markers listed in the xearth.markerfile file, even the
    built-in wont show up nor will the label. Just a map of the earth and
    daylight/nighttime boundaries is all that shows
    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: "Advanced Background Settings"

    Eric wrote:

    > In the "Configure Background Program" dialog what does "> %f" mean?
    > Its used in the "Command:" and "Preview Command:" input boxes.
    > Where can i find details on these parameters?
    > I'm configuring xearth on mandriva 2008.0 64 bit mode lunux and having
    > trouble getting it to show markers listed in the xearth.markerfile file,
    > even the built-in wont show up nor will the label. Just a map of the earth
    > and daylight/nighttime boundaries is all that shows
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    Ok - solved the xearth problem - its just plain old not supported according to
    xearth.c when writing a gif or ppm instead of directly to X

    However - I'd still like to know about the various % to the kde
    dialog.
    Eric

  3. Re: "Advanced Background Settings"

    On Feb 9, 10:24 pm, Eric wrote:
    > Eric wrote:
    > > In the "Configure Background Program" dialog what does "> %f" mean?
    > > Its used in the "Command:" and "Preview Command:" input boxes.
    > > Where can i find details on these parameters?
    > > I'm configuring xearth on mandriva 2008.0 64 bit mode lunux and having
    > > trouble getting it to show markers listed in the xearth.markerfile file,
    > > even the built-in wont show up nor will the label. Just a map of the earth
    > > and daylight/nighttime boundaries is all that shows
    > > Thanks
    > > Eric

    > Ok - solved the xearth problem - its just plain old not supported according to
    > xearth.c when writing a gif or ppm instead of directly to X
    >
    > However - I'd still like to know about the various % to the kde
    > dialog.
    > Eric

    See http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebas...uickstart.html
    About halfway down the page, they list some of the "placeholder" values

  4. Re: "Advanced Background Settings"

    Lew Pitcher wrote:

    > On Feb 9, 10:24 pm, Eric wrote:
    >> Eric wrote:
    >> > In the "Configure Background Program" dialog what does "> %f" mean?
    >> > Its used in the "Command:" and "Preview Command:" input boxes.
    >> > Where can i find details on these parameters?
    >> > I'm configuring xearth on mandriva 2008.0 64 bit mode lunux and having
    >> > trouble getting it to show markers listed in the xearth.markerfile file,
    >> > even the built-in wont show up nor will the label. Just a map of the
    >> > earth and daylight/nighttime boundaries is all that shows
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Eric

    >> Ok - solved the xearth problem - its just plain old not supported according
    >> to xearth.c when writing a gif or ppm instead of directly to X
    >>
    >> However - I'd still like to know about the various % to the kde
    >> dialog.
    >> Eric

    > See
    > http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebas...uickstart.html
    > About halfway down the page, they list some of the "placeholder" values

    Thanks!
    Eric

+ Reply to Thread