Fedora 8 kde fonts problem - KDE

This is a discussion on Fedora 8 kde fonts problem - KDE ; In Fedora 8, by default, it seems that KDE applications have huge font sizes or wrong DPI's or something. (example kppp, KLatin, etc.) I don't understand the multiple layers and coexisting font configurations, so please excuse my KDE/X newbism. Default ...

  1. Fedora 8 kde fonts problem

    In Fedora 8, by default, it seems that KDE applications have huge font
    sizes or wrong DPI's or something.

    (example kppp, KLatin, etc.)

    I don't understand the multiple layers and coexisting font
    configurations, so please excuse my KDE/X newbism. Default settings
    have worked for me over the years, until now, so i am clueless about
    tweaking these.

    When I go to kcontrol -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts -> Force Fonts
    DPI and switch to a different DPI option, the problem is corrected.
    But the correction is not saved across boots. The next time I reboot,
    I am back to the huge fonts/DPI

    Could someone please clue me in as to how to effect a permanent fix
    for this!

    TIA

    Andrew

  2. Re: Fedora 8 kde fonts problem

    On Jan 21, 9:27 pm, Andrew wrote:
    > In Fedora 8, by default, it seems that KDE applications have huge font
    > sizes or wrong DPI's or something.
    >
    > (example kppp, KLatin, etc.)
    >
    > I don't understand the multiple layers and coexisting font
    > configurations, so please excuse my KDE/X newbism. Default settings
    > have worked for me over the years, until now, so i am clueless about
    > tweaking these.
    >
    > When I go to kcontrol -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts -> Force Fonts
    > DPI and switch to a different DPI option, the problem is corrected.
    > But the correction is not saved across boots. The next time I reboot,
    > I am back to the huge fonts/DPI
    >
    > Could someone please clue me in as to how to effect a permanent fix
    > for this!

    OK. I found the rather trivial solution.
    The setting in System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Appearance ->
    Fonts -> Details... -> Resolution was the key (mine was way too high).
    My changes to this one seem to be saved permanently.

    (Subsequent adjustment of font sizes is needed.)

    Thanks.
    Andrew

+ Reply to Thread