Mail client? - KDE

This is a discussion on Mail client? - KDE ; Looking for a MUA. Main needs: the message must be the most prominent part of the screen, and the client must read from /var/spool/mail/*. The first requirement is nearly impossible to meet. Most clients act like the list of "folders" ...

  1. Mail client?

    Looking for a MUA. Main needs: the message must be the most prominent part
    of the screen, and the client must read from /var/spool/mail/*.

    The first requirement is nearly impossible to meet. Most clients act like
    the list of "folders" or the list of message subjects is more important
    than the messages themselves, and feature those fields more prominently.

  2. Re: Mail client?

    clifto wrote:
    > Looking for a MUA. Main needs: the message must be the most prominent part
    > of the screen, and the client must read from /var/spool/mail/*.
    >
    > The first requirement is nearly impossible to meet. Most clients act like
    > the list of "folders" or the list of message subjects is more important
    > than the messages themselves, and feature those fields more prominently.

    I suggest pine/alpine

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: Mail client?

    clifto@gmail.com wrote :

    > Looking for a MUA. Main needs: the message must be the most prominent part
    > of the screen, and the client must read from /var/spool/mail/*.

    What's wrong about KMail?
    --
    Thomas O.