Add another panel in kde4 - KDE

This is a discussion on Add another panel in kde4 - KDE ; Dear everyone, a few days ago I have started trying kde4. With kde3 I use 2 panel, one at the bottom with all the usual stuff and a thin one on a side filled with a quicklaunch applet and the ...

  1. Add another panel in kde4

    Dear everyone,
    a few days ago I have started trying kde4. With kde3 I use 2 panel,
    one at the bottom with all the usual stuff and a thin one on a side
    filled with a quicklaunch applet and the systray. Actually kde4 has no
    quicklaunch yet, but it would be already a step forward to add the
    panel. Do you know how/if it can be done? (editing text files is ok).

    Thank you, Lorenzo

    P.S. ave you ever clicked on the - sign corresponding to "icon" in the
    plasmoid manager? All my desktop icons vanished, and no way to have
    them back!

  2. Re: Add another panel in kde4

    paulatz wrote:
    > Dear everyone,
    > a few days ago I have started trying kde4. With kde3 I use 2 panel,
    > one at the bottom with all the usual stuff and a thin one on a side
    > filled with a quicklaunch applet and the systray. Actually kde4 has no
    > quicklaunch yet, but it would be already a step forward to add the
    > panel. Do you know how/if it can be done? (editing text files is ok).

    This thread may give you some useful hints:
    http://www.kde-forum.org/artikel/180...ure-panel.html

    I would recommend you to wait for KDE4.1

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: Add another panel in kde4

    On Jan 17, 6:36 pm, "J.O. Aho" wrote:
    > This thread may give you some useful hints:http://www.kde-forum.org/artikel/180...ure-panel.html

    Thank you, I had found it with google but disregarded it for some
    reason.

    > I would recommend you to wait for KDE4.1

    I'm still using kde3, but I like to test new sw and I can report a
    bug.

    bye

+ Reply to Thread