automatically/programmatically lock session - KDE

This is a discussion on automatically/programmatically lock session - KDE ; Hello. How can i lock session (black screen with password prompt) programmatically? By DCOP? My intent is to make this: Computer boots, x-window starts automatically and user is logged-in automatically but the session becomes locked. _benefits_ : Saves time, because ...

  1. automatically/programmatically lock session

    Hello. How can i lock session (black screen with password prompt)
    programmatically?
    By DCOP?

    My intent is to make this:
    Computer boots, x-window starts automatically and user is logged-in
    automatically but the session becomes locked.
    _benefits_ : Saves time, because the programs and kde would load
    automatically "in the background" ; without losing security due to
    auto-login.

    Any hints on how to achieve this?

    / Karol "karolrvn" (formerly "raven") Depka Pradzinski

  2. Re: automatically/programmatically lock session

    karolrvn (AKA raven) wrote:

    > Hello. How can i lock session (black screen with password prompt)
    > programmatically?
    > By DCOP?
    >
    > My intent is to make this:
    > Computer boots, x-window starts automatically and user is logged-in
    > automatically but the session becomes locked.
    > _benefits_ : Saves time, because the programs and kde would load
    > automatically "in the background" ; without losing security due to
    > auto-login.
    >
    > Any hints on how to achieve this?
    >
    > / Karol "karolrvn" (formerly "raven") Depka Pradzinski

    In "kdcop" there is kdesktop / KDesktopIface . There is "void logout() but
    isn't useful for what i am trying to do.

    I wonder why there are "so few" reponses to this thread.

  3. Re: automatically/programmatically lock session

    karolrvn (AKA raven) wrote:

    > karolrvn (AKA raven) wrote:
    >
    >> Hello. How can i lock session (black screen with password prompt)
    >> programmatically?
    >> By DCOP?
    >>
    >> My intent is to make this:
    >> Computer boots, x-window starts automatically and user is logged-in
    >> automatically but the session becomes locked.
    >> _benefits_ : Saves time, because the programs and kde would load
    >> automatically "in the background" ; without losing security due to
    >> auto-login.
    >>
    >> Any hints on how to achieve this?
    >>
    >> / Karol "karolrvn" (formerly "raven") Depka Pradzinski

    > In "kdcop" there is kdesktop / KDesktopIface . There is "void logout() but
    > isn't useful for what i am trying to do.
    >
    > I wonder why there are "so few" reponses to this thread.

    Ok, I am a step further. Kdcop's "shallow" search kinda deceived me (didn't
    find "lock" but perhaps it should (suggestion to its developers)).

    The next question is where should I put this command
    /usr/bin/dcop --all-users --all-sessions kdesktop KScreensaverIface lock
    >> /home/karolrvn/adfadf/logs/xinitrc_log.txt

    ?
    ~/.xinitrc -> doesn't seem to work
    ~/.kdeinitrc -> is this for "scripts" also? Or only for "option=value"?

  4. Re: automatically/programmatically lock session

    In comp.windows.x.kde, karolrvn (AKA raven) wrote:

    > The next question is where should I put this command
    > /usr/bin/dcop --all-users --all-sessions kdesktop KScreensaverIface lock
    >>> /home/karolrvn/adfadf/logs/xinitrc_log.txt

    > ?
    > ~/.xinitrc -> doesn't seem to work
    > ~/.kdeinitrc -> is this for "scripts" also? Or only for "option=value"?

    You can try creating a "link to application" in ~/.kde/Autostart, and
    putting the line in "command" field ("application" tab).

    Note: I use KDE in Spanish so may be the wording between quotes is not
    exact, but it shouldn't differ much.

  5. Re: automatically/programmatically lock session

    karolrvn (AKA raven) wrote:
    > karolrvn (AKA raven) wrote:
    >
    >> Hello. How can i lock session (black screen with password prompt)
    >> programmatically?
    >> By DCOP?
    >>
    >> My intent is to make this:
    >> Computer boots, x-window starts automatically and user is logged-in
    >> automatically but the session becomes locked.
    >> _benefits_ : Saves time, because the programs and kde would load
    >> automatically "in the background" ; without losing security due to
    >> auto-login.
    >>
    >> Any hints on how to achieve this?
    >>
    >> / Karol "karolrvn" (formerly "raven") Depka Pradzinski

    > In "kdcop" there is kdesktop / KDesktopIface . There is "void logout() but
    > isn't useful for what i am trying to do.
    >
    > I wonder why there are "so few" reponses to this thread.

    There is usually a per user .initrc, try placing lock in there.

+ Reply to Thread