Re: KDE Taskbar - KDE

This is a discussion on Re: KDE Taskbar - KDE ; Garry Knight wrote: > krischik@users.sourceforge.net wrote: > >> today I tried out KDE4 with my openSUSE 10.3 for the first time and I >> hated it right away. >> >> Problem: I don't like the Taskbar at the bottom of ...

  1. Re: KDE Taskbar

    Garry Knight wrote:

    > krischik@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
    >
    >> today I tried out KDE4 with my openSUSE 10.3 for the first time and I
    >> hated it right away.
    >>
    >> Problem: I don't like the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen

    > The task bar isn't that configurable yet. Remember, it's not KDE4, it's
    > KDE 4.0. In other words, it's the very first public release of KDE4. It
    > will get better, given time.

    Hmmm. Interesting. Of course that leaves me wondering: When will KDE4
    be "full features" and when is openSUSE 11.0 is expected?

    Depending on the answers I better cancel my SuSE subscription and skip 11.0
    all together. Especially since all SuSE x.0 releases I can remember where
    sub-standart.

    Martin
    --
    mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

  2. Re: KDE Taskbar

    krischik@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

    > Garry Knight wrote:
    >
    >> krischik@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
    >>
    >>> today I tried out KDE4 with my openSUSE 10.3 for the first time and I
    >>> hated it right away.
    >>>
    >>> Problem: I don't like the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen

    >> The task bar isn't that configurable yet. Remember, it's not KDE4, it's
    >> KDE 4.0. In other words, it's the very first public release of KDE4. It
    >> will get better, given time.

    > Hmmm. Interesting. Of course that leaves me wondering: When will KDE4
    > be "full features" and when is openSUSE 11.0 is expected?
    >
    > Depending on the answers I better cancel my SuSE subscription and skip
    > 11.0 all together. Especially since all SuSE x.0 releases I can remember
    > where sub-standart.
    >
    > Martin

    That is just superstition based on hearsay. Development for each version
    goes at the same pace with no regard to what the release managers will
    label the next version. How many x.0 releases do you actually remember? Was
    7.3 better than 8.0? No! Was 9.x better than 10.0? No! You can skip a
    distro and get away with it but eventually you will not be able to overcome
    discovered security vulnerabilities when your sub 0 distro that you cling
    to is no longer maintained. Do you honestly think that the devel team gets
    together and says, "hmm, don't worry about this bug or that bug, it's only
    a x.0 release anyway, we'll fix it on x.1". No, doesn't happen, nice job
    repeating what you have heard though.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread