font text on desktop icons - KDE

This is a discussion on font text on desktop icons - KDE ; hi, im running a pretty new build of kde 3 and cant seem to get the text on desktop icons to be normal type and not italics ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find where to change it budney...

  1. font text on desktop icons

    hi,

    im running a pretty new build of kde 3 and cant seem to get the text on
    desktop icons to be normal
    type and not italics

    ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find where to change it

    budney

  2. Re: font text on desktop icons

    james maslin wrote:

    > hi,
    >

    > im running a pretty new build of kde 3 and cant seem to get the text on
    > desktop icons to be normal
    > type and not italics
    >
    > ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find where to change it

    Control Centre -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts -> Desktop

    --
    Geoff Registered Linux user 196308
    Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.

  3. Re: font text on desktop icons

    ok thanks ill check it out

    budney

    "Geoffrey Clements" wrote in message
    > james maslin wrote:
    >
    >> hi,
    >>

    >> im running a pretty new build of kde 3 and cant seem to get the text on
    >> desktop icons to be normal
    >> type and not italics
    >>
    >> ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find where to change it
    >>

    > Control Centre -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts -> Desktop
    >
    > --
    > Geoff Registered Linux user
    > 196308
    > Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.

  4. Re: font text on desktop icons

    just checked this and the desktop icons are aleady set to non italic

    some of the icons on my desktop are ok (ie non italic) but there are some
    that are still in italic
    even when they are all supposed to be set to non italic

    any help appreciated

    "james maslin" wrote in message
    > ok thanks ill check it out
    >
    > budney
    >

    > "Geoffrey Clements" wrote in message
    >> james maslin wrote:
    >>
    >>> hi,
    >>>

    >>> im running a pretty new build of kde 3 and cant seem to get the text on
    >>> desktop icons to be normal
    >>> type and not italics
    >>>
    >>> ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find where to change it
    >>>

    >> Control Centre -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts -> Desktop
    >>
    >> --
    >> Geoff Registered Linux user
    >> 196308
    >> Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.

  5. Re: font text on desktop icons

    james maslin wrote:
    > "james maslin" wrote in message
    >> "Geoffrey Clements" wrote in message
    >>> james maslin wrote:

    "-- ">

    >>> Control Centre -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts -> Desktop

    >> ok thanks ill check it out

    > just checked this and the desktop icons are aleady set to non italic
    > some of the icons on my desktop are ok (ie non italic) but there are
    > some that are still in italic
    > even when they are all supposed to be set to non italic

    The icon name may include control code for italic, which makes the text to be
    italic no matter what you set in the configuration. I suggest you "rename" the
    icon first delete all text and then retype the name.

    If the icons are created by another application say buggy gnome2, then you
    have to adjust the font settings in gnome2 (or install gtk-qt-engine).

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread