Kmail import missing? - KDE

This is a discussion on Kmail import missing? - KDE ; I recently moved to another computer and another Linux distribution. In my old computer, alla my mail was in a .Mail directory, which apparently was good for kontact (kamil). Now I see (on Ubuntu 7.10, kmail version 1.9.6) that all ...

  1. Kmail import missing?

    I recently moved to another computer and another Linux distribution.
    In my old computer, alla my mail was in a .Mail directory, which
    apparently was good for kontact (kamil). Now I see (on Ubuntu 7.10,
    kmail version 1.9.6) that all the mail should be put in a 'mail'
    directory under .kmail/share/apps. OK, so tried to import my mail, but
    the "import" function in the "File" menu is not active (it looks gray
    and cannot be selected).
    The program as such works as usual, both sending and receiving
    messages is all right.
    I also tried sym links and physical copies but to no success.
    Permissions are OK. How can I import my old mail?

    Thanks!
    guido, italy

  2. Re: Kmail import missing?

    The problem was solved copying the old ./Mail as /mail in the appropriate
    directory, changing permissions as needed. However, I am still interested
    in my question: why is the "import" function not usable in the kmail menu?

    Thanks,
    guido, italy

    --
    http://docenti.unicatt.it/milanese_guido