Fedora 8 user logo - KDE

This is a discussion on Fedora 8 user logo - KDE ; Has anyone successfully set up a user logo which appears on the login page when starting up Fedora 8? I have set the logo in KDE on going to Control Center=>System Administration=>Login Manager=>Users (in Administrative Mode), choosing a User and ...

  1. Fedora 8 user logo

    Has anyone successfully set up a user logo
    which appears on the login page when starting up Fedora 8?

    I have set the logo in KDE on going to
    Control Center=>System Administration=>Login Manager=>Users
    (in Administrative Mode), choosing a User and User Image.

    The image appears on this page,
    but not on the login page.

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  2. Re: Fedora 8 user logo

    Timothy Murphy wrote:

    > Has anyone successfully set up a user logo
    > which appears on the login page when starting up Fedora 8?
    >
    > I have set the logo in KDE on going to
    > Control Center=>System Administration=>Login Manager=>Users
    > (in Administrative Mode), choosing a User and User Image.
    >
    > The image appears on this page,
    > but not on the login page.

    You could try saving an image into ~/.face.icon as kdm will pick this up
    provided "User Image Source" is set to something other than just "Admin", I
    have it set to "User, admin".

    --
    Geoff Registered Linux user 196308
    Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.

  3. Re: Fedora 8 user logo

    Geoffrey Clements wrote:

    >> Has anyone successfully set up a user logo
    >> which appears on the login page when starting up Fedora 8?
    >>
    >> I have set the logo in KDE on going to
    >> Control Center=>System Administration=>Login Manager=>Users
    >> (in Administrative Mode), choosing a User and User Image.
    >>
    >> The image appears on this page,
    >> but not on the login page.
    >>

    > You could try saving an image into ~/.face.icon as kdm will pick this up
    > provided "User Image Source" is set to something other than just "Admin",
    > I have it set to "User, admin".

    I don't actually understand what "User Image Source" means.

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  4. Re: Fedora 8 user logo

    Timothy Murphy wrote:

    > Geoffrey Clements wrote:
    >
    >>> Has anyone successfully set up a user logo
    >>> which appears on the login page when starting up Fedora 8?
    >>>
    >>> I have set the logo in KDE on going to
    >>> Control Center=>System Administration=>Login Manager=>Users
    >>> (in Administrative Mode), choosing a User and User Image.
    >>>
    >>> The image appears on this page,
    >>> but not on the login page.
    >>>

    >> You could try saving an image into ~/.face.icon as kdm will pick this up
    >> provided "User Image Source" is set to something other than just "Admin",
    >> I have it set to "User, admin".

    > I don't actually understand what "User Image Source" means.

    Oh sorry - it's a group of radio buttons (top right) on the "Users" tab of
    the KDE Control Module for the login manager (kdm).

    --
    Geoff Registered Linux user 196308
    Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.

  5. Re: Fedora 8 user logo

    Geoffrey Clements wrote:

    >>> You could try saving an image into ~/.face.icon as kdm will pick this up
    >>> provided "User Image Source" is set to something other than just
    >>> "Admin", I have it set to "User, admin".

    >> I don't actually understand what "User Image Source" means.
    >>

    > Oh sorry - it's a group of radio buttons (top right) on the "Users" tab of
    > the KDE Control Module for the login manager (kdm).

    I didn't express myself well.
    I understood what you meant.
    But I don't understand what KDE means by "User Image Source".