kgpg default key - KDE

This is a discussion on kgpg default key - KDE ; When I run "kgpg" (part of kdeutils on my Fedora-8 system) I am asked to enter "Your default key". I've no idea what this is, and there is nothing in the Help/Handbook on this point. Any enlightenment gratefully received. -- ...

  1. kgpg default key

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  2. Re: kgpg default key

    "Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
    > When I run "kgpg" (part of kdeutils on my Fedora-8 system)
    > I am asked to enter "Your default key".
    > I've no idea what this is,
    > and there is nothing in the Help/Handbook on this point.
    >
    > Any enlightenment gratefully received.

    It's probably asking for the password on the file containing your private
    key. I'm not sure because I don't see this message but that may be because
    I run gpg-agent and the key is already cached by the time I run kgpg.

    --
    Geoff

  3. Re: kgpg default key

    Geoffrey Clements wrote:
    >> When I run "kgpg" (part of kdeutils on my Fedora-8 system)
    >> I am asked to enter "Your default key".
    >> I've no idea what this is,
    >> and there is nothing in the Help/Handbook on this point.

    > It's probably asking for the password on the file containing your private
    > key. I'm not sure because I don't see this message but that may be
    > because I run gpg-agent and the key is already cached by the time I run
    > kgpg.

    Thanks.
    I found in the end that one could simply ignore the question,
    in which case everything works fine.

    On the face of it, this seems idiotic, since as far as I can see
    the wizard only comes up if one doesn't have a key defined.