kmail 1.9.6 forwarding - KDE

This is a discussion on kmail 1.9.6 forwarding - KDE ; Maybe I'm unable to find the setting. When I forward a message I'd like to see the entire message in the body of the email. Instead it shows up as an attachment at the bottom of the email. Help would ...

  1. kmail 1.9.6 forwarding

    Maybe I'm unable to find the setting. When I forward a message I'd like
    to see the entire message in the body of the email. Instead it shows up
    as an attachment at the bottom of the email.
    Help would be appreciated!

    Thanks,
    --
    d.b. cooper

  2. Re: kmail 1.9.6 forwarding

    d.b. cooper wrote:

    > Maybe I'm unable to find the setting. When I forward a message I'd like
    > to see the entire message in the body of the email. Instead it shows up
    > as an attachment at the bottom of the email.
    > Help would be appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,

    shift F or right click and choose inline from the foreward drop down menu.

  3. Re: kmail 1.9.6 forwarding

    On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:05:03 +1300, dakar wrote:

    > d.b. cooper wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe I'm unable to find the setting. When I forward a message I'd like
    >> to see the entire message in the body of the email. Instead it shows up
    >> as an attachment at the bottom of the email. Help would be appreciated!
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    > shift F or right click and choose inline from the foreward drop down
    > menu.

    I see that, but is there a way to make inline forwarding the default? I
    seem to remember previous versions being able to do this.

    Thanks,
    --
    d.b. cooper

  4. Re: kmail 1.9.6 forwarding

    d.b. cooper wrote:

    > On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:05:03 +1300, dakar wrote:
    >
    >> d.b. cooper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Maybe I'm unable to find the setting. When I forward a message I'd like
    >>> to see the entire message in the body of the email. Instead it shows up
    >>> as an attachment at the bottom of the email. Help would be appreciated!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,

    >> shift F or right click and choose inline from the foreward drop down
    >> menu.

    > I see that, but is there a way to make inline forwarding the default? I
    > seem to remember previous versions being able to do this.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Creating an action under "Filters" or "POP Filters" that automatically
    redirects your mail to "Outbox" does the mechanics. Adding a new "To:"
    header to the message is the difficult bit. You may be able to do it with
    Procmail, but I can see no way of doing it with Kmail. Kmail wasn't
    designed to be a mail server, but a mail reader.

    Doug.

+ Reply to Thread