kmail in icon tray? - KDE

This is a discussion on kmail in icon tray? - KDE ; Timothy Murphy wrote: > Joerg wrote: > >>> I asked before, but it seems my ignorance is incomprehensible >>> to you gurus: What exactly is the KDE "icon tray" and/or >>> "system tray"? Are they the same thing? >>> Are ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: kmail in icon tray?

    Timothy Murphy wrote:

    > Joerg wrote:
    >
    >>> I asked before, but it seems my ignorance is incomprehensible
    >>> to you gurus: What exactly is the KDE "icon tray" and/or
    >>> "system tray"? Are they the same thing?
    >>> Are they something to do with Java?
    >>>

    >> The system tray usually contains running apps or daemons. i.e.
    >> knotes klipper or korgac, kkorganizers reminder. Take klipper,
    >> the process is running all the time and keeps track of your
    >> copy actions. With a click you hook in and select what you want
    >> to pastte. And no, nothing to do with java.

    > Well, I have the klipper icon in my panel.
    > Maybe it _is_ in the "system tray",
    > although there seems no mention of that.
    > If it is, it is the only icon in it.
    >
    > How does one create the system tray?
    > I see no mention of it in my main (K) menu, under Fedora-7.

    Ok, klipper can live in the panel and in the system tray. The
    system tray is an applet you can add to the panel. Panel->right
    click->Panel Menu->Add Applet.

    Joerg
    --
    For email use g m x d o t n e t

  2. Re: kmail in icon tray?

    Joerg wrote:

    >> Well, I have the klipper icon in my panel.
    >> Maybe it _is_ in the "system tray",
    >> although there seems no mention of that.
    >> If it is, it is the only icon in it.
    >>
    >> How does one create the system tray?
    >> I see no mention of it in my main (K) menu, under Fedora-7.

    > Ok, klipper can live in the panel and in the system tray. The
    > system tray is an applet you can add to the panel. Panel->right
    > click->Panel Menu->Add Applet.

    Thanks.
    Please remember that it is impossible
    to under-estimate the intelligence of your readers ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2