KDE3: kadressbook - Data import - KDE

This is a discussion on KDE3: kadressbook - Data import - KDE ; Hi, I have many adress-records stored in a SQL-database and want them to be imported into kadressbook. It is now easy to produce a CSV-file and import it via the GUI into kadressbook, but when these records are changed or ...

  1. KDE3: kadressbook - Data import

    Hi,

    I have many adress-records stored in a SQL-database and want them to be
    imported into kadressbook.

    It is now easy to produce a CSV-file and import it via the GUI into
    kadressbook, but when these records are changed or the data-records
    increase, i have a problem to import, because kadressbook import and add
    them as new records.

    So how can I deal with it? How can I hold kadressbook up to date with the
    SQL-database?

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Hans-Martin

  2. Re: KDE3: kadressbook - Data import

    Hans-Martin Böhme wrote:

    > How can I hold kadressbook up to date with the SQL-database?

    I'd be very interested to learn this too.
    I see that the KAddressBook manual at

    says:
    Since it is based on the kabc library it supports resources, which can be
    used to load and save your contacts to many different locations — not just
    the local file system, but also to LDAP servers and SQL databases.
    But I didn't see anything further about SQL.

  3. Re: KDE3: kadressbook - Data import

    Timothy Murphy wrote:

    > I see that the KAddressBook manual at
    >
    > says:
    > Since it is based on the kabc library it supports resources, which can be
    > used to load and save your contacts to many different locations — not just
    > the local file system, but also to LDAP servers and SQL databases.
    > But I didn't see anything further about SQL.

    On looking further into this,
    I see that KDE bugzilla #18198 was opened on this issue
    in January 2001:
    .

+ Reply to Thread