"Show Desktop Access"-Button - KDE

This is a discussion on "Show Desktop Access"-Button - KDE ; Hi, following scenario: I have several windows opened and I minimize them by clicking on the "Show Desktop Access"-Button. Then I launch a new application (e.g. by clicking on a desktop icon). Unfortunately, not only the new application's window is ...

  1. "Show Desktop Access"-Button

    Hi,

    following scenario:
    I have several windows opened and I minimize them by clicking on the
    "Show Desktop Access"-Button. Then I launch a new application (e.g.
    by clicking on a desktop icon). Unfortunately, not only the new
    application's window is being "maximized", but all the other windows,
    that I've just minimized, as well.

    In other words: I'd like them other windows to stay minimized until
    called up explicitly.

    Any idea on how to do this?

    Cheers
    Joe

    KDE: 3.5.5
    Kubuntu Linux 6.1

  2. [solved] Re: "Show Desktop Access"-Button

    OK, If you want windows to stay minimized after clicking on the "Show
    Desktop" Button, you might want do the following:

    ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc

    [Windows]
    ShowDesktopIsMinimizeAll=true

    Hope this helps