Re: Desktop Configure KDE - KDE

This is a discussion on Re: Desktop Configure KDE - KDE ; Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote: > Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password > thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in > in 25 minutes when the password ...

  1. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    > Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password
    > thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in
    > in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds or 5
    > minutes? I go to blank screen for screen saver but the password thing is
    > not long enough. It's been that way since KDE started. Should be fixed
    > by now.

    Pleas stop multiposting, people will not be able to see responses done on all
    the other newsgroups you posted at and my just give you an answer you already
    got or they asked some further information that you you already have given on
    another newsgroup.

    If you have to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups, select a handful
    (max 5) newsgroups that are relevant for you post and make a crosspost (kind
    of the same way as you send an e-mail to more than one person).

    There aren't any need to set the password protection to start much later than
    when the screensaver starts, thats why. Upgrade your KDE if you want to get
    pass 300 seconds.

    --

    //Aho

  2. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    >> Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password
    >> thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in
    >> in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds or 5
    >> minutes? I go to blank screen for screen saver but the password thing is
    >> not long enough. It's been that way since KDE started. Should be fixed
    >> by now.

    > Pleas stop multiposting, people will not be able to see responses done on all
    > the other newsgroups you posted at and my just give you an answer you already
    > got or they asked some further information that you you already have given on
    > another newsgroup.
    >
    > If you have to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups, select a handful
    > (max 5) newsgroups that are relevant for you post and make a crosspost (kind
    > of the same way as you send an e-mail to more than one person).
    >
    > There aren't any need to set the password protection to start much later than
    > when the screensaver starts, thats why. Upgrade your KDE if you want to get
    > pass 300 seconds.

    I don't multi-post. I do them one at a time.

  3. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    > J.O. Aho wrote:

    >> Pleas stop multiposting, people will not be able to see responses done on all
    >> the other newsgroups you posted at and my just give you an answer you already
    >> got or they asked some further information that you you already have given on
    >> another newsgroup.

    > I don't multi-post. I do them one at a time.

    And that's multi-posting.

    --

    //Aho

  4. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    > J.O. Aho wrote:
    >> Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    >>> Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password
    >>> thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in
    >>> in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds or 5
    >>> minutes? I go to blank screen for screen saver but the password thing is
    >>> not long enough. It's been that way since KDE started. Should be fixed
    >>> by now.

    >> Pleas stop multiposting, people will not be able to see responses done on all
    >> the other newsgroups you posted at and my just give you an answer you already
    >> got or they asked some further information that you you already have given on
    >> another newsgroup.
    >>
    >> If you have to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups, select a handful
    >> (max 5) newsgroups that are relevant for you post and make a crosspost (kind
    >> of the same way as you send an e-mail to more than one person).
    >>
    >> There aren't any need to set the password protection to start much later than
    >> when the screensaver starts, thats why. Upgrade your KDE if you want to get
    >> pass 300 seconds.
    >>

    > I don't multi-post. I do them one at a time.

    Sending the same message to different groups one
    at a time is multi posting.
    Sending that message to more than one group at the
    same time is cross posting.
    caver1

  5. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:08:31 -0500, Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:

    > I don't multi-post. I do them one at a time.

  6. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Broderick Crawford ilililililil writes:

    > J.O. Aho wrote:
    >> Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    >>> Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password
    >>> thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in
    >>> in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds or 5
    >>> minutes? I go to blank screen for screen saver but the password thing is
    >>> not long enough. It's been that way since KDE started. Should be fixed
    >>> by now.

    >> Pleas stop multiposting, people will not be able to see responses done on all
    >> the other newsgroups you posted at and my just give you an answer you already
    >>

    > I don't multi-post. I do them one at a time.

    Before some arrogant big head laughs at you, here take the time to read
    this. Don't worry - we all had to learn at one time :

    No puedo desear que ganen los buenos, ya que ignoro quienes son.
    -- Gonzalo Torrente Ballester. (1910-????).

  7. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:15:54 -0500, Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:

    > That's bull****. There is no way to know if all the same people are in
    > all the same groups. The only way to address them all is to multi-post.
    > I suppose if I reword the question every time it's ok.

    I'm going to say this in a kind way.

    My Son, between you and full karmic cluefulness with respect to your
    Usenet status lies the Gulf of Google. You alone can cross it, and to do
    so you must get your feet wet.

  8. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    caver1 wrote:
    > Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    >> J.O. Aho wrote:
    >>> Pleas stop multiposting, people will not be able to see responses
    >>> done on all
    >>> the other newsgroups you posted at and my just give you an answer you
    >>> already
    >>> got or they asked some further information that you you already have
    >>> given on
    >>> another newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> If you have to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups, select a
    >>> handful
    >>> (max 5) newsgroups that are relevant for you post and make a
    >>> crosspost (kind
    >>> of the same way as you send an e-mail to more than one person).
    >>>
    >>> There aren't any need to set the password protection to start much
    >>> later than
    >>> when the screensaver starts, thats why. Upgrade your KDE if you want
    >>> to get
    >>> pass 300 seconds.
    >>>

    >> I don't multi-post. I do them one at a time.

    > Sending the same message to different groups one at a time is multi
    > posting.
    > Sending that message to more than one group at the same time is cross
    > posting.
    > caver1

    That's bull****. There is no way to know if all the same people are in
    all the same groups. The only way to address them all is to multi-post.
    I suppose if I reword the question every time it's ok.

  9. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Mark South wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:15:54 -0500, Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    >
    >> That's bull****. There is no way to know if all the same people are in
    >> all the same groups. The only way to address them all is to multi-post.
    >> I suppose if I reword the question every time it's ok.

    > I'm going to say this in a kind way.
    >
    > My Son, between you and full karmic cluefulness with respect to your
    > Usenet status lies the Gulf of Google. You alone can cross it, and to do
    > so you must get your feet wet.

    Don't talk in riddles.

  10. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Broderick Crawford ilililililil writes:
    > Mark South wrote:
    >> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:15:54 -0500, Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    >>> That's bull****. There is no way to know if all the same people are in
    >>> all the same groups. The only way to address them all is to multi-post.
    >>> I suppose if I reword the question every time it's ok.

    >> I'm going to say this in a kind way.
    >>
    >> My Son, between you and full karmic cluefulness with respect to your
    >> Usenet status lies the Gulf of Google. You alone can cross it, and to do
    >> so you must get your feet wet.

    > Don't talk in riddles.

    Then try to understand what other people are telling you.

    One more try. Please read http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

    If you still stick to your opinion afterwards, read it again. Repeat
    until enlightenment occurs.

    Greetings,
    Heinzi

  11. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    > caver1 wrote:
    >> Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:

    >>> I don't multi-post. I do them one at a time.

    >> Sending the same message to different groups one at a time is multi
    >> posting.
    >> Sending that message to more than one group at the same time is cross
    >> posting.
    >> caver1

    > That's bull****. There is no way to know if all the same people are in
    > all the same groups. The only way to address them all is to multi-post.
    > I suppose if I reword the question every time it's ok.

    No. If you ask the question by crossposting it not
    only saves you time, but it lets everyone see the
    answers that everyone else is giving and saves
    them time.
    caver1

+ Reply to Thread