Properties, icon change broken? - KDE

This is a discussion on Properties, icon change broken? - KDE ; Clicking on file properties I can lo longer change the icon. Clicking it does nothing....

  1. Properties, icon change broken?

    Clicking on file properties I can lo longer change the icon.
    Clicking it does nothing.

  2. Re: Properties, icon change broken?

    user@nouse.org wrote:

    > Clicking on file properties I can lo longer change the icon.
    > Clicking it does nothing.

    Are you sure that the file in question is *not* just a link to a file which
    resides elsewhere?

    Links can't have their icon /or/ permissions changed!

    HTH

    Rob.

  3. Re: Properties, icon change broken?

    Rob wrote:
    > user@nouse.org wrote:
    >
    >> Clicking on file properties I can lo longer change the icon.
    >> Clicking it does nothing.

    > Are you sure that the file in question is *not* just a link to a file which
    > resides elsewhere?
    >
    > Links can't have their icon /or/ permissions changed!
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Rob.

    I can change folder icons no prob in the properties dialog
    (they show up in relief) but not file icons, real files
    not links.

  4. Re: Properties, icon change broken?

    user@nouse.org wrote :

    > Clicking on file properties I can lo longer change the icon.
    > Clicking it does nothing.

    Are you clicking the right icon? Its not the big icon next to the
    filename but the smaller one next the the file type description.
    --
    Thomas O.

  5. Re: Properties, icon change broken?

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:
    > user@nouse.org wrote :
    >
    >> Clicking on file properties I can lo longer change the icon.
    >> Clicking it does nothing.
    >>

    > Are you clicking the right icon? Its not the big icon next to the
    > filename but the smaller one next the the file type description.

    No I was clicking the big one which works for folders. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread