Problem with kaddressbook - KDE

This is a discussion on Problem with kaddressbook - KDE ; I seem to have lost the list of contacts in my laptop Address Book (as accessed eg by kaddressbook or by Tools=>Address Book in kmail). I do not see any setting in Address Book to recover the list. I should ...

  1. Problem with kaddressbook

    I seem to have lost the list of contacts in my laptop Address Book
    (as accessed eg by kaddressbook or by Tools=>Address Book in kmail).

    I do not see any setting in Address Book to recover the list.

    I should say I included KDE Development repo at one point,
    and I am consequently running kdepim-3.5.7-10.svn20070926.ent.fc7.i386
    which curiously seems to include an older version of kaddressbook,
    namely 3.5.6 as opposed to 3.5.7 on my standard desktop.

    Also the bad kaddressbook is much larger than the working one.

    [tim@elizabeth ~]$ ls -s /usr/bin/kaddressbook
    804 /usr/bin/kaddressbook

    [tim@alfred ~]$ ls -ls /usr/bin/kaddressbook
    44 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43892 2007-06-20 01:22 /usr/bin/kaddressbook

    Has anyone come across a similar problem?

  2. Re: Problem with kaddressbook

    Timothy Murphy in :

    > Has anyone come across a similar problem?

    I also several (since start working with KDE years ago) times have lost the
    adresses from kadressbook, no idea how this can happen.
    Maybe because of my frequently uprading of the kdepackages.

    P.

    --
    mailtoeter@dharma.dyndns.info

  3. Re: Problem with kaddressbook

    Peter Terpstra wrote:

    >> Has anyone come across a similar problem?

    > I also several (since start working with KDE years ago) times have lost
    > the adresses from kadressbook, no idea how this can happen.
    > Maybe because of my frequently uprading of the kdepackages.

    Actually, I haven't lost the addresses -
    they are offered by KMail if I start a name to send email to.
    But they do not appear if I click on Tools=>Address Book .
    I just get the names on one of my mailing lists.

    I've put up with this for some time -
    I guess I just hope it goes away if and when I update to Fedora-8.

  4. Re: Problem with kaddressbook

    Timothy Murphy wrote:

    > Peter Terpstra wrote:
    >
    >>> Has anyone come across a similar problem?

    >> I also several (since start working with KDE years ago) times have lost
    >> the adresses from kadressbook, no idea how this can happen.
    >> Maybe because of my frequently uprading of the kdepackages.

    > Actually, I haven't lost the addresses -
    > they are offered by KMail if I start a name to send email to.
    > But they do not appear if I click on Tools=>Address Book .
    > I just get the names on one of my mailing lists.

    Could it be that you have set a filter (combobox top right of
    kaddressbook) ?

    Thomas

  5. Re: Problem with kaddressbook

    Thomas Zander wrote:

    >> Actually, I haven't lost the addresses -
    >> they are offered by KMail if I start a name to send email to.
    >> But they do not appear if I click on Tools=>Address Book .
    >> I just get the names on one of my mailing lists.

    > Could it be that you have set a filter (combobox top right of
    > kaddressbook) ?

    Thanks for your response.
    I looked there, but no filter is chosen.
    (Nor is anything chosen in Settings=>Edit Filters .)

    I'm planning on updating to Fedora-8 on this laptop soon.
    (I have to carry out a hardware mend first.)
    Hopefully kaddressbook will recover in F-8.

+ Reply to Thread