Files associations are lost at every sessions - KDE

This is a discussion on Files associations are lost at every sessions - KDE ; Hello, I lose some files associations every time I restart the KDE session (KDE 3.5.2). I have searched in $HOME/.kde the file which contains these associations (for saving and restoring it), but I don't find it. A solution ? Thanks ...

  1. Files associations are lost at every sessions

    Hello,

    I lose some files associations every time I restart the KDE session (KDE
    3.5.2).

    I have searched in $HOME/.kde the file which contains these associations
    (for saving and restoring it), but I don't find it.

    A solution ?

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Alain

  2. Re: Files associations are lost at every sessions

    Alain B. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I lose some files associations every time I restart the KDE session (KDE
    > 3.5.2).
    >
    > I have searched in $HOME/.kde the file which contains these associations
    > (for saving and restoring it), but I don't find it.
    >
    > A solution ?

    See to that you own and have the right to write to all the files in your ~/.kde

    as root (if you have sudo installed, add sudo infornt of the two lines):

    chown -R username /home/username/.kde
    chmod -R u+rw /home/username/.kde

    before you do, check that the .kde ain't a symlink to another direcotry, if
    it's, then use that directory in the path instead of .kde

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: Files associations are lost at every sessions

    >> I lose some files associations every time I restart the KDE session (KDE
    >> 3.5.2).
    >>
    >> I have searched in $HOME/.kde the file which contains these associations
    >> (for saving and restoring it), but I don't find it.
    >>
    >> A solution ?

    > See to that you own and have the right to write to all the files in your
    > ~/.kde

    Thank you, but no, the cause is not here.

    --
    Alain

  4. Re: Files associations are lost at every sessions

    No answer... I am surprised : nobbody knows the kde file where files
    associations are saved ?

    --
    Alain

  5. Re: Files associations are lost at every sessions

    Alain B. wrote:

    > No answer... I am surprised : nobbody knows the kde file where files
    > associations are saved ?

    Maybe .kde/share/config/profilerc
    How did I find it?
    1. List contents of ...config in a (reverse) last modified time sorted
    format (ls -ltr)
    2. Modified some file associations in Konqueror
    3. Listed ls -ltr in config again.

+ Reply to Thread