Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet? - KDE

This is a discussion on Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet? - KDE ; Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet? Went smoothly? Any issues? I notice they haven't rolled 7.10 out into the official repositories yet but apparently that will happen in the next few days. -- -Toby Add the word afiduluminag ...

  1. Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet?

    --
    -Toby

  2. Re: Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet?

    Toby Newman wrote:
    > Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet? Went smoothly? Any issues?
    > I notice they haven't rolled 7.10 out into the official repositories
    > yet but apparently that will happen in the next few days.

    There was a similar question about ubuntu in alt.linux (I think) and no one
    had reported any ill effects, but if you have a lot of 3rd party debs
    installed, then an upgrade could have a risk of failing.

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet?

    Toby Newman wrote:

    > Anyone moved from Kubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 yet? Went smoothly? Any issues?
    > I notice they haven't rolled 7.10 out into the official repositories
    > yet but apparently that will happen in the next few days.

    I've upgraded and things went smoothly. The only bug I found so far affects
    kmix and the keyboard sound volume keys. This time I didn't even had to
    hand-tweak xorg.conf to get my 1440x900 monitor in it's native resolution.

    On the other hand, I did a clean install and not an adept upgrade.

    Hope this helps
    Rui Maciel

+ Reply to Thread