Lost KWin, what *should* I have done? - KDE

This is a discussion on Lost KWin, what *should* I have done? - KDE ; A few moments ago I crashed KWin and all my window decorations, and Kicker, disappeared. I tried alt-F2 to get the "run" dialogue up so that I could start a konsole or start kwin & kicker directly but it wasn't ...

  1. Lost KWin, what *should* I have done?

    A few moments ago I crashed KWin and all my window decorations, and Kicker,
    disappeared. I tried alt-F2 to get the "run" dialogue up so that I could start
    a konsole or start kwin & kicker directly but it wasn't working (presumably
    it comes out of Kicker.)

    In the end I had to go ctrl-alt-backspace to restart my window manager but
    I'm left wondering if there was a better way to go about it?

    --
    -Toby

  2. Re: Lost KWin, what *should* I have done?

    Toby Newman wrote:
    > A few moments ago I crashed KWin and all my window decorations, and Kicker,
    > disappeared. I tried alt-F2 to get the "run" dialogue up so that I could start
    > a konsole or start kwin & kicker directly but it wasn't working (presumably
    > it comes out of Kicker.)
    >
    > In the end I had to go ctrl-alt-backspace to restart my window manager but
    > I'm left wondering if there was a better way to go about it?

    As long as you don't have a terminal (konsole) up and running (if you are
    lucky you can still tab between programs) ctrl-alt-backspace would be the best
    option.

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread