kmail modifies "To: " header - KDE

This is a discussion on kmail modifies "To: " header - KDE ; I try to compose a message to a group. If I try to use the group address format, kmail either warns about illegal characters or automatically inserts default domain (which results in an invalid address), or both. So, I write ...

  1. kmail modifies "To: " header

    I try to compose a message to a group. If I try to use the group address
    format, kmail either warns about illegal characters or automatically
    inserts default domain (which results in an invalid address), or both.

    So, I write
    To: some nickname of agroup: ;

    and kmail replaces that with:
    To: some nickname of agroup: ;@host

    and complains about illegal characters. I there a way to get kmail to
    understand that I want to use group syntax (ie. to disable automatic
    address scanning).

    Jari

  2. Re: kmail modifies "To: " header

    Jari Laamanen wrote:

    > I try to compose a message to a group. If I try to use the group address
    > format, kmail either warns about illegal characters or automatically
    > inserts default domain (which results in an invalid address), or both.
    >
    > So, I write
    > To: some nickname of agroup: ;
    >
    > and kmail replaces that with:
    > To: some nickname of agroup: ;@host
    >
    > and complains about illegal characters. I there a way to get kmail to
    > understand that I want to use group syntax (ie. to disable automatic
    > address scanning).
    >
    > Jari

    Create a "group" in KAddressbook to mail to. I have forgotten the exact
    procedure, but you can create a group title there, and use it in
    KMail's "To:" field (select from address book in KMail's window.) Your
    email window will show the group name only. Any editing of group members
    is done in your address book.

    HTH,

    Doug.

  3. Re: kmail modifies "To: " header

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > Create a "group" in KAddressbook to mail to. I have forgotten the exact
    > procedure, but you can create a group title there, and use it in
    > KMail's "To:" field (select from address book in KMail's window.) Your
    > email window will show the group name only. Any editing of group members
    > is done in your address book.

    Thanks for the reply. The problem is that kmail expands the group to a list
    of actual recipients when sending. I don't know how to change this
    behavior. And I still don't understand why kmail doesn't understand
    standard group address syntax.

    JL

+ Reply to Thread