Can't get Amarok ( or any sound player )to play - KDE

This is a discussion on Can't get Amarok ( or any sound player )to play - KDE ; Hello, I've just re-installed Slackware 11 on a larger disk, but now when I try to get Amarok to play an mp3 I see the graph and slide bar move but no sound. Can someone help me out ? Paul...

  1. Can't get Amarok ( or any sound player )to play

    Hello,

    I've just re-installed Slackware 11 on a larger disk, but now
    when I try to get Amarok to play an mp3 I see the graph and slide
    bar move but no sound. Can someone help me out ?

    Paul

  2. Re: Can't get Amarok ( or any sound player )to play

    "Paul J. Dudley" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.10.10.14.51.52.530109@earthlink.net...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've just re-installed Slackware 11 on a larger disk, but now
    > when I try to get Amarok to play an mp3 I see the graph and slide
    > bar move but no sound. Can someone help me out ?

    Un-mute the sound with alsamixer.

    --
    Geoff

  3. Re: Can't get Amarok ( or any sound player )to play

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:54:18 +0100, Geoffrey Clements wrote:

    > "Paul J. Dudley" wrote in message
    > newsan.2007.10.10.14.51.52.530109@earthlink.net...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I've just re-installed Slackware 11 on a larger disk, but now
    >> when I try to get Amarok to play an mp3 I see the graph and slide
    >> bar move but no sound. Can someone help me out ?
    >>

    > Un-mute the sound with alsamixer.

    Thanks for your reply Geoff. In all my impatience I failed to do my
    homework thouroughly before posting. I did finally find the
    usr/doc/Linux-HOWTOs/Sound-HOWTO. It mentioned running alsaconf file.
    That did it. I now have sound.

    But again I thank you. I have been using news groups for over 20 years
    now ( starting with DEC Notes files ) and have found them and people
    like yourself a Godsend.

    Thanks again,

    Paul

+ Reply to Thread