On Tuesday 04 April 2006 09:57, M G Berberich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions about KGlobalAccel:
>
> a) Some Global shortcuts are defined in kcmshell keys (kontrolcenter)
> (p.e. Klipper), other applets have their own
> global-shortcut settings-dialog (p.e. kmix, amarok).
>
> Where should global shortcuts be configure?
> Whow can I add my global shortcuts to the kcmshell-keys-dialog?

You can't, if your code isn't in kdebase.
The global keys dialog is done by ugly #includes of various kdebase files into one.
If someone has a better idea to solve this problem.....
(well I guess it could be all config-file based somehow; but someone needs to implement it).

> b) One can set a Def3 and a Def4 shortcut. Who decides which to use?

The global setting "3 modifiers" or "4 modifiers" IIRC.