Hi!
I've made a new bunch of tests, trying to find, why konq crashes.
> Hi!
> Yes, it helped a lot. Now the stat(bluetooth:/) function is called and there
> is no error from the slave.
> However, konqueror crashes immediately:
>
> kio_bluetooth: KioBluetooth::KioBluetooth()
> kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-patrol/ksycoca
> kio_bluetooth: kio_bluetooth::stat(bluetooth:/)
> kio (KRun): Finished
> konqueror [kdeinit] bluetooth:/: krun.cpp:1096: virtual void KRun::slotStatResult(KIO::Job*): Assertion `m_bScanFile || m_bIsDirectory' failed.
> KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = konqueror path = pid = 26408
>
> Does it mean that there is something wrong with the data returned by the
> slave ? I've looked at krun.cpp and it seems that the only possibility is that
> KIO::UDS_FILE_TYPE entry is not present. But in kiobluetooth.cpp, there is
>
> addAtom(entry, UDS_MIME_TYPE, mimeType); // this is empty for the failing call
> addAtom(entry, UDS_FILE_TYPE, S_IFDIR);
> addAtom(entry, UDS_GUESSED_MIME_TYPE, "inode/folder");
>
> and I've verified that this code is really executed when the slave runs.
> So what the hell is going wrong now ?

I've verified that
1) addAtom is correctly called in the slave several times, setting all the
above and much more (I've corrected inode/folder to inode/directory, but it
has no effect at all), when creating the directory.
2) iteration loop in krun.cpp, starting around line 1071, is not executed even
once, i.e. the list comes empty to it. It explains why the assert occurs.
I cannot explain, why the stat() results are not transferred correctly, sorry.
Is anybody willing to help me ?
With regards, Pavel Troller