Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 15:26, Jan de Visser wrote:
> > Where can I find it now? I'd be more than willing to betatest. Been
> > waiting for somthing like this actually...

> The easiest way to get knetworkmanager and the NM that it drives is a
> SUSE 10.1 beta. The source is now in trunk/kdereview/knetworkmanager
> in SVN.

Took my time and fought several hours with udev, hal, dbus, dbus-qt
bindings, network manager etc. It's real challenge if your distro doesn't
support all this stuff out of the box - all places full of hardcoded
paths or configuretime paths, version hell (piece 0.x.y is incompatible
with piece 0.x.y+1) etc. Finally it seemed to work, but ... even "make -f
Makefile.cvs" in kdereview fails here:

automake: cannot open < knetworkmanager/admin/deps.am: No such file or
directory
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1

After several attempts to manual Makefile edits, I finally got this:

knetworkmanager-devicestore.cpp:101: error: no matching function for call
to 'DeviceStoreDBus::updateNetwork(const QString&, const QString&, const
char [1])'
knetworkmanager-devicestore_dbus.h:52: note: candidates are: static void
DeviceStoreDBus::updateNetwork(const char*, const char*, const char*,
const char*)
make[1]: *** [knetworkmanager-devicestore.lo] Error 1

Took NetworkManager-kde-0.1r5961-2.src.rpm from suse. Oh, it builds! But
no luck with running. After short fight with dbus, knetworkmanager still
says that "no network device found" and outputs to the terminal:

updateNetwork: Found network without device? Bailing out.

I gave up ;(.

--
Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team