--===============0222537339==

--nextPart45752953.s5tpWlrnGI

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 22:17, Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:09:24PM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Bob Rossi wrote:
> > >Is this portable to linux/solaris/aix/hp? I'm assumming that it is
> > > not, but just want to know.

> > KDE runs on all of those platforms, so KHTML works on them too.

> So, I really need to know, is it OK to embed KHTML in a proprietary
> application?=20

Please read the license.

> Qt is not an issue, is KDE? or is this answer not black=20
> and white?

Yes, it is not black and white. You can use KHTML in your proprietary=20
application if you follow the conditions stated in the license (LGPL,=20
found in the kdelibs/COPYING.LIB and kdelibs/COPYING.BSD files. The=20
latter is valid for some parts of kdelibs, but AFAIK not for KHTML=20
itself.

Andras
=2D-=20