Well, as nobody answered I though maybe this is a stupid post and I'm not far
from the truth
I looked at http.cc and found that permanet redirection is only set when http
status code is 301.
Can I update the docs to something like this:

"Signals a permanent redirection (301 http status code). [...]"

Paulo