On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:42:57AM +0100, Michael Hofmann wrote:
> This is very annoying and counterproductive.

yeah, sure. because hitting a few times ctrl-d in the shells or simply
enter in the confirmation dialog instead of losing data is an
inacceptable trade-off.

> I would like to revert to the earlier behaviour where console sessions
> were silently and automatically closed when initiating shutdown
> through kdm.

after an extensive search through my code i came to the conclusion that
this is not possible ... :}
kdm can do it, but ksmserver always requests interactive shutdown.