On Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:49, Rohan McGovern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A while ago, I observed a crash in a program called genshortcutents
> which runs during the kdelibs4 build. I backtraced the crash and
> found that it was caused by a null pointer dereference in
> kkeyserver_x11.cpp : QX11Info::display() returned null because
> KApplication was initialised with GUI disabled in genshortcutents.
> (see:
> http://developer.kde.org/documentati...kdelibs-apidoc
>s/kdecore/html/classKApplication.html#a0 )
>
> The behaviour of genshortcutents on my system at the time was to
> crash, regardless of whether or not X is running. I changed the code
> to initialise KApplication with GUI enabled. This changed the
> behaviour of the program so that it would run fine if X was running,
> but wouldn't run at all without it.

I did the same change on 05.11.2005 and it was reverted too. It's a =

console application and must not use X11. The crash seems to happen if =

you've a [Shortcuts] group in your kdeglobals file (e.g. for me it was =

shortcut for the close action).

Would it be a solution to ignore/remove the [Shortcuts] group in =

genshortcutents.cpp?

Cheers,
Andr=E9
=