On Friday 10 March 2006 10:21, Micha=EBl Larouche wrote:
> Le Vendredi 10 Mars 2006 11:10, Dominic Genest a =E9crit=A0:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would really like to get involved in KDE developement. I got
> > professionnal full-time experience with QT4 since it came out (and QT3
> > long before), and I use C++ since many years. I read the KDE developer's
> > corner page, subscribed to this mailing list but I still wonder what's
> > the best way do begin doing concrete things for KDE4. What is possible
> > for a kde developement newby ? I understand people probably don't start
> > coding in kdelibs right away, but what is the normal process ?
> >
> > Do anyone need help developing for an application ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot !
> >
> > Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, I'm just kind of lost !
> >
> > Dom

> Neat, another Quebec folk
>
> The normal process is to find a project that you like, lookings for a bug
> or a small feature, do it and submit a patch to their developers.
>
> Right now in KDE4, it's kdelibs who need the most developers. Examples of
> task are removing Qt3 support.
> One task that I see is writting the new KListView classes using Interview
> framekwork. There is a TODO in kdelibs for more kdelibs tasks.
>
> Also Plasma and Solid projects are always looking for more developers.
> See their site:
> http://solid.kde.org/
> http://plasma.kde.org/

Kopete is also looking for developers if you're interested. Most of our sti=
ll =

takes place on the KDE 3 based branch (websvn.kde.org/branches/kopete/0.12) =

but you can also do a lot of KDE 4 based stuff as well =

(websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/kopete). The Kopete developers have a =

irc.freenode.net) if you're interested.

Thanks
--
Matt Rogers