Le Vendredi 10 Mars 2006 11:10, Dominic Genest a =E9crit=A0:
> Hi,
>
> I would really like to get involved in KDE developement. I got
> professionnal full-time experience with QT4 since it came out (and QT3 lo=

ng
> before), and I use C++ since many years. I read the KDE developer's corner
> page, subscribed to this mailing list but I still wonder what's the best
> way do begin doing concrete things for KDE4. What is possible for a kde
> developement newby ? I understand people probably don't start coding in
> kdelibs right away, but what is the normal process ?
>
> Do anyone need help developing for an application ?
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, I'm just kind of lost !
>
> Dom

Neat, another Quebec folk

The normal process is to find a project that you like, lookings for a bug o=
r a =

small feature, do it and submit a patch to their developers.

Right now in KDE4, it's kdelibs who need the most developers. Examples of t=
ask =

are removing Qt3 support.
One task that I see is writting the new KListView classes using Interview =

framekwork. There is a TODO in kdelibs for more kdelibs tasks.

Also Plasma and Solid projects are always looking for more developers. =

See their site:
http://solid.kde.org/
http://plasma.kde.org/
-- =

Micha=EBl Larouche (Shock The Dark Mage)
KDE developer working on Kopete, Kamefu...on dial-up :P

e <<