--===============1653517296==

--nextPart1191060.SBvf3SuuEt

Hi all,

I have here a strange task to do / a strange problem to solve:

I have objects which store a value (basicly a QVariant combined with QObjec=
t)=20
called Parameter and objects that are a gui for the parameters called=20
ParameterGui.
Both have signals and slots to set and change the value, which are connecte=
d=20
in a direct circle. In a non-threading environment I block receiving the sl=
ot=20
if it is already running with a simple boolean. That works great.
But with multiple threads the slots aren't directly called but at the=20
eventloop of their thread. This circumvents the boolean-protection and=20
reestablishes the circular updating which block the app.

What to do?

=2D Releasing the lock with a QTimer is either to fast or makes the app slo=
w.
=2D Using Qt:irectConnection results in even stranger errors because now =
the=20
updating of the gui is called in non-gui-threads.

Is there a way of sending signals to all receivers but one? The one would b=
e=20
the receiver that called the slot.
I can even get to know the address of the sender, but then I would need to=
=20
know the signal of the sender to disconnect it, send the own signals and=20
reconnect it later on. Is there a way to do this?

Arnold

=2D-=20
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de