On Sunday, 19. February 2006 21:07, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> Mine just says : "use with caution" :-).

I'd say with extreme caution. The big problem is that QTimer fires in
processEvents, and this can cause all unpredictable nasty things to happen,
including the objects you currently work on to be deleted or other reentrancy
issues to be exposed. You can easily end up in a situation where not even
unwinding the stack (aka exiting your processing job) can be done without
crashing. Thats certainly very bad.

thats why I would unconditionally recommend the way to do things Andras
suggested (or rather just switch entirely to a Threadweaver/QThread based job
queue).

--
Dirk//\