Thanks! I didn't know where to find this sort of thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lubos Lunak [mailto:l.lunak@suse.cz]
Sent: 15 February 2006 10:11
To: kde-devel@kde.org
Subject: Re: XA_WM_NAME / XA_WM_COMMAND always blank!

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 09:45, Simon Guerrero wrote:
> Thanks - it was due to my recursion routine being flawed.
>
> But I have another question - I need to identify the sort of windows which
> "would appear on the taskbar in kde or gnome".
>
> Currently I am saying:
>
> * If its map state is IsViewable
> * If width and height are > 50 pixels each
> * If its name isn't "kwin"
>
> Can anyone confirm if this is OK?

No, because it's not. In fact it's very not OK. Go to
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fwm_2dspec and start reading .
_NET_CLIENT_LIST is (not the only) one you want.

> Bear in mind I can't use any Qt or GTK because it needs to be "pure X".

kdelibs/netwm* has related BSD-licensed code that's more or less
independent.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer

<<

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of SunGard
Vivista by MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info@vivista.sungard.com

For further information http://www.sungard.com/vivista

the system manager.