On Sunday 12 February 2006 09:14, Marcos Dione wrote:
> =A0 =A0 you whole system depends on the readability of /etc/shadow and ot=

her
> important things. this is just lousy permission handling. that lousy hadl=

ing
> could be due the user's fault, the distro fault or the sysadmin fault.

Actually, there is no /etc/shadow on my system.
I run kde on top of OpenBSD. =

Once again, the basic x11 keyboard logging exploits do not =

depend in any way upon permissions. The exploits can do more
with loose permissions though.
-- =

Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"
=

e <<