On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 08:32:27AM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> Your X11 security depends upon no one
> except the owner having even read access to your .Xauthority file. If you don't agree with that
> or understand why, then you need to read the articles again.

you whole system depends on the readability of /etc/shadow and other
important things. this is just lousy permission handling. that lousy hadling
could be due the user's fault, the distro fault or the sysadmin fault.

(Not so) Random fortune:
> Hell, I've been up for hours, and I still have no idea what day it is.

It's "today". They keep telling me that "Tomorrow will be another day" but every
time tomorrow arrives, it's always today.
-- http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=153364&cid=12921246