On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 08:32:27AM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> Your X11 security depends upon no one
> except the owner having even read access to your .Xauthority file. If you don't agree with that
> or understand why, then you need to read the articles again.

you whole system depends on the readability of /etc/shadow and other
important things. this is just lousy permission handling. that lousy hadling
could be due the user's fault, the distro fault or the sysadmin fault.

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
> Hell, I've been up for hours, and I still have no idea what day it is.

It's "today". They keep telling me that "Tomorrow will be another day" but every
time tomorrow arrives, it's always today.
-- http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=153364&cid=12921246