On Thursday 09 February 2006 18:36, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Am Freitag 10 Februar 2006 00:21 schrieb Dave Feustel:
> > Since all other browsers do, why doesn't konqueror?

> WTF?
>
> Mine has: "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5; Linux) KHTML/3.5.0 (like
> Gecko)"

My mistake. I had turned that feature off because I was having trouble accessing
one site and then fell into it accessing pet-grub.com because pet-grub treats any
program without a user-agent as a robotic-email-address-harvesting program and
redirects that visitor to comm.cia.gov. pet-grub has removed the redirecting code
from its website.

> Maybe the OpenBSD guys decided it was insecure and didn't port that part of
> Konqueror?

kde does seem to have some security problems on OpenBSD (Not all kde's fault). But
since I enabled the pf program with the rule 'block in all' kde has been working quite
well. I have found some problems in kde and in x11 with file permissions and possibly
with sockets. I have yet to find proof that the socket permissions are a security
problem. Just to be safe I chmod all x11 and kde sockets to 600 immediately
upon starting kde. kde also does not (always) delete (all) temp files at exit, so
I do that myself when I logoff the computer.

--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"