--===============0265166928==

--nextPart13571613.ruUD00JbOK

Koos Vriezen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>After updating my SVN checkout, the kde-3.5 branch, I get an undefined
>symbol: _ZN8KMPlayer8PartBase7processERK8QCStringRK9QMemAr rayIcERS1_RS5_
>when using the kmplayer plugin with kmplayer. This symbol,
>KMPlayer::PartBase:rocess(QCString const&, QMemArray const&,
>QCString&, QMemArray&), is defined in kmplayercommon.so and comes
>from PlayerDCOPObject base class.
>The dcop tools generate a kmplayerpartbase_skel.cpp, but don't add the
>KDE_EXPORT to these methods.
>
>How can I work around this (while keeping hidden visibility support)?

I've seen this error too on someone else's machine. Are you using the=20
kmplayer tarball package or did you check it out from Subversion too?

I haven't been able to understand how exactly this bug came to be. My=20
initial thoughts were that the use of KDE 3.4's admin together with a KDE=20
3.5 causes -fvisibility=3Dhidden to be used when KDE_EXPORT is not defined.=
=20
But kmplayer does some #ifdef trickery to get the export back on.

=2D-=20
PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C 966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And =E6fter se scieppend ingelogode, he wr=E1t "cenn", ac eala! se=20
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne w=E1t h=FA cennan 'eall'. =C1stynt."