--===============2104822369==

--nextPart16757761.fyZrVrdugR

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 00:38, Anders Bergstr=F6m wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> It compiles fine but when I do unsermake -p install I
> get:=20
> 04% ../kdoctools/genshortcutents -o
> ../kdoctools/kde-standard-accels.entities
> lt-genshortcutents: cannot connect to X server
> Error creating
> ./kdoctools/kde-standard-accels.entities. Exit status
> 1.
>=20
> Do I have to have a X-server running on the machine I
> compile with?=20

Revision 505124 would have introduced this:=20
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdel...tents.cpp?rev=
=3D505124&r1=3D479668&r2=3D505124

Even though genshortcuts doesn't have a GUI itself, it uses certain=20
features of the KStdAccel class which require X. Before that revision it=20
tried to run with GUI features disabled, and would simply segfault when I=20
ran it, so I changed it to initialise itself with GUI enabled. I'm not=20
sure why KStdAccel (or an underlying class) needs X, so maybe it can be=20
fixed there; otherwise, I guess you'll have to skip this part of the build=
=20
if you're compiling without X running.

Rohan