Hi Karunakar,

I had come across a typing tutor called touchtyper from KDE apps website

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=14711

One major feature in this typing tutor compared to the default one you
get with kdeedu is that it uses the Xserver functions to get the
current xkb keymap, and uses it. (in kdeedu's ktouch, you need to
redefine the keymap again in a ktouch format!).

Note, that
A) it currently just picks up the current layout at the time of
launching the app, and does not switch it dynamically once the
application has started.
B) it is essentially a typing trainer, so the GUI has a lot more
distractions, and you may not need all that
C) I tried to use it with the bolnagri phonetic hindi keymap, and it
wasnt able to handle level3/level4 modifiers.

(I tried hacking the code to work with the extra modifiers, but I had
used AltGr as the modifier key, and it turns out that Qt core libs
dont have a separate event for AltGr key!!)

Anyways, you can have a look at this utility, do some changes to get
rid of the typing trainer textarea and menu etc, add a feature to make
it reload the keymap on request, and it could work fine as a keymap
display utility with most 2-level INSCRIPT keyboards.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Vivek