On Saturday 04 February 2006 21:38, Joris Guisson wrote:
> These function calls are wrappers around KIO::NetAccess calls :
> bt:elete(dest,true);
> bt::CopyFile(target,dest,true);
>
> I have seen this before and this only happens when KIO::NetAccess is
> involved. I think nested KIO::NetAccess calls are the problem, and
> that GUI events get delivered to the wrong event loop (that is
> assuming that the KIO::NetAccess call starts it own event loop, which
> seems to me is the way to make asynchronous KIO::Job's synchronous,
> correct me if I'm wrong here)

Yes, nested NetAccess calls or calling processEvents() when using
NetAccess is just asking for trouble. If you are sure you don't need
remote functionality, don't use NetAccess, or if you need in such
nested cases use the asynchronous KIO jobs.
BTW, this is very a unfortunate situation as NetAccess is very
convenient and enough in many cases. I hope that with Qt4 this problem
will disappear as I read we don't need the ugly enter_loop/exit_loop
hack anymore.

Andras