On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:20:44 +0100
David Faure wrote:

> On Saturday 28 January 2006 04:43, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > Hello, Everyone
> > The problem that I described in this thread:
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=113490587600438&w=2
> > is back. As far as I know, it started today, since I successfully
> > compiled kdebase (branch 3.5) either yesterday or the day before.
> > The error that compiling bails on is the same as in the above link,
> > but I reproduce it here for your convenience:
> >
> > creating ./konqueror/keditbookmarks/dcop.kidl
> > Can't open perl script "${datarootdir}/apps/dcopidlng/kalyptus": No
> > such file or directory. Use -S to search $PATH for it.
> > Error creating ./konqueror/keditbookmarks/dcop.kidl. Exit status 1.
> >
> > Some time after the end of the original thread on this subject, it
> > was apparently fixed in SVN, since I was able to compile kdebase
> > perfectly, without having to make any changes to
> > kdebase/konqueror/Makefile.am Tonight, it just started happening
> > again. Last time (before the problem was fixed) I was told to do
> > some more debugging. I have no problem doing whatever I can to
> > help out, but I had (and still have) no idea where to start. Any
> > ideas, let me know. I will be glad to do my part.

Hello, David
> Still the same - dcopidlng isn't at fault, kde-config is.
>
> kde-config --install data --expandvars
> says
> /devel/kde/inst/kde3/share/apps
> here, and says something with ${datarootdir} in it for you, most
> probably.
>
> So the question is... hmm, which configure options you passed to
> kdelibs,

../configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/local/qt-src --prefix=/usr/local/kde-svn --enable-debug=full

Those are the same options that I pass to every KDE Branch 3.5 module.

http://www.afolkey2.net/kde-config.cpp

> And where is datarootdir
> mentionned, because for me kde-config.cpp.in and kde-config.cpp don't
> mention it at all. No file in kdecore actually mentions that string.
> Does it come from your environment maybe?

Good Question. It is definitely NOT something that I have added to my
environment.

One frustrating thing I need to add to this: the last time this
happened, I just kept trying to compile kdebase with no alterations
made to kdebase/konqueror/Makefile.am and eventually, it just started
working again. Then this problem just started up again, and I
duitifully report it to this list. Guess what? A day or so ago,
kdebase/konqueror/keditbookmarks just started compiling perfectly
again....

Steven P. Ulrick