HI, I post this question here because I think it was a development decision,
but maybe it's wrong, please suggest where I should ask this. I'm trying to
access the akregator web site but it seems down. I tried to find some info on
other places but couldn't find any.

In previous versions of akregator the feeds were stored in an XML file. This
was very convenient because I could get that info with an external
program/script easily. I was using a very simple bash script that would parse
all the feeds and open the last 10 unread feeds in a Konqueror window, thats
because there is a forum where I read all threads and clicking them, one by
one was very annoying, there are more than 60 new threads a day.
I found that akregator in KDE 3.5 uses some kind of binary file to store the
feeds, this leaves me with no way to do what I was doing.
So my questions are: (I hope someone has the answers)

* Why did they choose to store the feeds in a binary format (.mk4 file)
instead of the convenient (for me at least) XML files?
* I've read some time ago that some people were concerned about this kind of
things in kde, I mean the tendency to use use cryptic binary files instead of
the friendly user readable text files for configurations and information
storage. What do you think about it?
* Last but not least, do you know any easy workaround to my problem?, any easy
way to decode these files to be able to parse with a script?

Thank you,

Francisco