--===============2096313199==

--nextPart6027835.cOglH8oOVv

On Saturday 28 January 2006 21:10, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/28/06, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > You can use PyKDE just like PyQt. Handling of .ui files stays basically
> > the
> > same, but you can use KDE widgets once you use a KApplication instance
> > instead of the QApplication one (some of the KDE widgets need a
> > KApplication
> > instance to query desktop settings)

> Sorry, i think i got confused myself. I want to use KDE in Qt Applications
> where i design the interface using QT Designer. I dont want to use Python
> again here.Hope am clear. (i.e), my KDE app would read the *.ui file,
> generate the GUI and then i can inherit those forms classes and use them =

as
> i use in PyQt.Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, the language doesn't matter that much.

As I said the handling of the interface files doesn't change.
If you have the KDE development files installed, you should also have the K=
DE=20
widget plugin, which makes certain KDE widgets available in Qt Designer jus=
t=20
like Qt widgets.

ui files containing such widgets are processed identically by uic, the only=
=20
difference in the application is usually only to use KApplication instead o=
f=20
QApplication in main()

Working with the generated widget class doesn't get any different, the API =
of=20
KDE widgets is usually modelled quite similar to that of Qt widgets.

To sum it up:
designer related works stays the same
KApplication instead of QApplication in main()
additionally linking wit libkdecore and libkdeui (and sometimes libkio)

Cheers,
Kevin

=2D-=20
Kevin Krammer