On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:41:42 +0100
Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> the "show desktop" icon minimizes all windows and restores them to
> their original size. thats good.
>
> opening a new app restores all previously minimized windows and opens
> the new app on top of them.
> *) this takes a lot of CPU power (+ some swapping ?) and slows down
> the startup of the new app.
> *) usually "I" do not need the other apps to be displayed, that's why
> I minimized them.
>
> just want to know what others are thinking before posting a wish.

Hello, Ferdinand (and everyone else )
If you end up posting a wish on this issue, be sure to let us know. I
have thought that the default behavior was undesirable for quite a
while now.
Translation: I agree completely with what your wish on this issue
appears to be.

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick