--===============1733574873==

--nextPart1277414.7bshZZ8M3a

Doing a list reply again as KControl is certainly not my area of expertise

On Thursday 26 January 2006 20:21, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I will certainly look into those IBM docs, but
> before that i just wanted to know something about KParts. I am developing
> YoperConf, a tool similar to KControl, but with the Yoper Way. So the GUI
> tool would look similar to KControl with a tree structure in the left side
> panel and options in the right side panel. So here i want to deploy KParts
> in the right side panel. (i.e).,When the user clicks on Network
> Configuration, KNetworkConf should be embedded in the right side panel
> instead of me writing step by step.Hope i am clear.

I am not sure if you want to reuse the KControl plugins and, if you do, if=
=20
they have their own plugin base class or use KParts.

However it is certainly possible to use KParts like this, i.e. embedding th=
em=20
in one specigic part of your GUI, it is just a matter which parent widget y=
ou=20
pass to the part creation

It might be possible to use KJanusWidget for your main GUI, but as I said I=
=20
better leave that to people with some internal KControl knowledge

Cheers,
Kevin

=2D-=20
Kevin Krammer