--===============0991442954==

--nextPart3361479.5Ypbec8rkB

Gregory Hayes wrote:
>While I am certain this is the nature of the
>unstable branch itself, I had to wonder if there was anything useful to
> be done as far as reporting and fixing bugs to this point.

At this point, you only report them if you also include a patch that fixes=
=20
it. And this will happen at most twice, for then you'll probably have an=20
SVN account and will be asked to commit directly, instead of reporting=20
it.

And you also won't report it to bugs.kde.org, but to=20
kde-core-devel@kde.org.

>Should people, like myself, that are seeking to contribute continue to
> focus on the 3.5 branch or start to pitch in on getting 4.0/trunk
> working? If now is not a good time to jump into 4.0, is there a
> timetable where it would make sense to cross over.

You can choose whichever way. I'd like to see more people working on trunk=
=20
(4.0), though. But, as I said, you're expected to fix everything you find=20
wrong.

=2D-=20
PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C 966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And =E6fter se scieppend ingelogode, he wr=E1t "cenn", ac eala! se=20
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne w=E1t h=FA cennan 'eall'. =C1stynt."